Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Honors and Standard 12-04-2013

Today was effectively used working on our presentations.  I was impressed with some of what I saw.  You people are pretty creative with the technology components.  Be sure the information matches that level of success.

One more thing I want to make sure you remember is the focus of the presentation.  terry Fox was not the focus of my presentation.   He was the material I used to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the two mediums: film and text.  I then also was able to demonstrate my understanding of main idea and bias through the material on Terry.  Again, he was not the focus; he was the material that allowed me to discuss main idea and bias.  Be sure you don't make your material the focus of your discussion.  Keep your focus on the two mediums, the main ideas, and the bias.

Tomorrow you will be in groups of four.  You will be analyzing a nonfiction article and asking yourself four important questions:

Who is the author?

What is the purpose?

What is the evidence?

What/Who are the sources?

In addition you will be discussing the bias of the article.  Is it?  Isn't it?  Back it up either way.


Our last group article analysis before Thanksgiving did not go over well.  This one will be assessed regardless of the outcome, so you need to make sure you  read and analyze the article well and discuss the results with your peers.  One sheet will be submitted per group, four names, one grade.  I have several articles to choose from.   I'm not sure which one I will choose yet.  We'll all find out tomorrow.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment