Sunday, March 3, 2013

Standard 03-03-2013

I'm halfway through assessing the timed writings and I have to give many of you credit for writing good introductions.  You open with an engaging lead and then transition smoothly to your claims.  Great work.

I also see that this prompt was a little difficult.  You definitely have to think to see the connections.  Several of you were able to see how the stories support the theme that women are as capable as men.  However, whenever anyone asked me how the "Tell Tale Heart" could support the theme without any women in it, I knew he or she was in trouble.  I can't say anymore yet because several individuals still need to complete the writing.

We should be able to go over it tomorrow in class while the others complete it.

We should also have time tomorrow for our connotation and denotation quiz.  Be ready for that.

A few other things will come up.

ISTEP in 48 hours!  Are you ready?  Pass Plus for everyone!  Take your time on the writings, and you'll be taking the first big step towards achieving that goal.

See you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment