Thursday, January 9, 2014

Honors 01-09-2014

It's good to finally be back.  I don't want to get all emotional, but I missed you all.  Opening up the new year with three solid presentations made me pretty emotional as well.  Life is good!  We will keep chipping away at those presentations (period two is on their final three), but at the same time...

...I want you putting some deep thought into your I.P. selection.  Choose someone you are really interested in.  I've heard several strong ideas already and I could rattle off scores of others, but I'll let Joel Stein, a writer for Time magazine, help you out a bit.  Check out this article on influential people.  Sure most, if not all, are dead--and you do not have to choose a dead person--but if you are struggling to find someone, this could be a good place to start.  I would still love for you to research someone you come up with on your own.  Focus on your field or fields of interest and prove that your individual deserves a seat at the table.

More to come on this, so check back here tomorrow.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment