Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Honors 01-15-2014

Everybody know what time it is?

TIPP time!

That's right.  The Influential Person Paper now takes center stage in our classroom focus.  We've touched on outlines, citations, works cited, and even dabbled with counter-arguments, but now we will be hitting it full-throttle.

With that in mind--and all the computer labs and mobile labs reserved--I'm requesting you bring your device (should you have one available) for some research time tomorrow.  Spread the word.  Tell your friends.  I want you to research, ask questions and uncover difficulties which might creep up.

As of right now I'm looking at a dog draft coming in Monday.  Check that.  No school Monday.  Thanks for the reminder, Period Two.  Tuesday.  The dog draft will come in Tuesday.  As I've been saying, that means we have to be hitting that research hard.

I've got a few thoughts on counter-arguments I want to share with you.  I also want to stress the importance of identifying the sources you share in your paper.  The reader needs to know that the individuals are valid, reliable sources; thus, it is important to identify their credentials.

Like you, I have some work to do, so I will see you soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment