Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Honors 5-13-2014

Some good examples of juxtaposition are already pouring in.  Now if the explanations match the examples, we'll be set.  I'll check them out tonight.

Night is now in your hands.   We started reading it today in class, and I am asking you to read and text code a bit tonight.  I know you track athletes are fairly busy tonight so do the best you can.  The rest of you should do a thorough job reading and text coding pages 3-22.  There's a lot revealed in a short amount of time after those somewhat deep and dense first three pages.  I hope you see that it became easier to understand.

As you read be thinking about those essential questions.  Mark up the text if you see anything that connects to one of them.  I'd write them in my book if I were you.  Also be on the lookout for any recurring ideas/themes.  Just like The Pearl, this memoir will also have ideas that keep coming up.  In period one indifference and faith were two ideas that were noted.  What else is frequently brought up?

I believe our This I Believe presentations will start tomorrow.  Good luck.  I hope you are working on yours.
See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment