Friday, September 19, 2014

Peer Edit Day and Progress Reports

Let me address the progress reports first.  There is no language arts grade on the progress report that went home today.  In order to present a fair and accurate assessment of your production, I need to wait until Tuesday to update HAC, thus, no grades are showing up on your progress report. If you and Mom and Dad can wait until next Tuesday, then you will find a first quarter grade on HAC at that time. Feel free to email me should you have any questions.

Our peer editing day was today.  There were a lot of good conversations going on about the articles. I was impressed with some of what I saw.  Students helping students improve-helping each other without teacher assistance-is an important step in the learning process.

This weekend you need to revise your investigative journalism article and make it as strong as you can.  Write it as if you were submitting the final copy on Monday.  Then come to class with specific questions on the paper that you wish to discuss.

Here is a link to the checklist I shared in class.  Realize that it contains most of the items that I will be using to assess your writing once you submit it.  If I were you. I'd want to check it out myself to be sure I am doing what I need to in order to be successful.  

A willingness to work hard will lead to success.  Are you willing to work hard?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment