Monday, November 4, 2013

Honors 11-04-2013

Just a quick one today so I can get back to assessing those timed writings.

We watched the rest of the film (period two has ten minutes left) and you have the instructions for the paper in your hands.  you can ask your questions tomorrow, and then we will get writing.  Look for a rubric in your future.  The Google doc link idea is going to be a good one.  I'll demonstrate how to do it--probably tomorrow--and you can practice at home and let me know what difficulties you have.  We'll adjust accordingly.

Speaking of links, here is a link to the Animal Farm film.  You'll definitely need this to write the analysis.  

We are going to the IMC tomorrow.  I had something big planned for you, but I think I'm going to hold off for one more week so I can work out some kinks.

I have a cool quote from Karl Marx I found (with the help of Mrs. Burnette) too.  I want to see each of you tie it in to Animal Farm.  

I was off last Thursday in an Acuity meeting to see what areas we struggled with and now need to focus on.  Surprisingly, all five classes struggled with the same three areas.  I'll show you tomorrow.

Finally, as a reminder, I'm off this Friday to find out what I can about gifted children.  Do you feel gifted?  You should.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment