Monday, January 7, 2013

Standard 01-07-2012

Wow!  What a great day!  I start it off by seeing all of you for the first time in 17 days and I end it watching the Irish battle Alabama for the National Championship after a 40 day wait.  If you are like me (and I found out today that a lot of you aren't), you've completed a lot of books since the last time Notre Dame played.  Three I've completed most recently are Dust Lands by Moira Young, The Heart and the Fist by Eric Greitens and Black Hawk Down by Mark Bowden.    The first two were good, but you are all well aware of how much I enjoyed Black Hawk Down.  Without a doubt, one of the best books I've read in the last 365 days, and I've read a lot.  If you like war books--and have a strong stomach--you might want to check this one out.

Today you received your papers back and typed up some reflections.  If you want to rewrite your paper, you can, BUT you need to bring that typed reflection in and see me so that I can make sure you are going to be improving the right things.  I wouldn't want you to spend a bunch of time fixing things that don't need fixing and ignoring things that need to be repaired.  Set up a time to see me this week.

You should be actively reading 69-84 tonight in your Night books.  Kickoff to the Notre Dame game is  about an hour away so be sure to get the reading finished now.  I'm going to reread that section myself as soon as I post this entry.

Have a good night.  Go Irish.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment