Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Standard 01-30-2013

Time to get serious on the WDIWTLMA paper.  We looked at several introductions today that displayed varied levels of success.  Make sure you grab our attention and make sure you include all the required bits of info: lead, how, why, claim.

You have the next 48 hours to take all your notes and turn them into magic.  You have plenty of info, now present the info in an organized, engaging manner.

That brings me to a slight change in the paper's expectations.  As I said in class today, I want you to write this paper the way you did the I-search.  No you don't need to explain every step of your research along the way, but I do want you to respond to the information you uncover.  Make it interesting.  Tell what you feel about what you've discovered.  What's your reaction to surprising bits of news, shocking discoveries, or extreme actions people take?  Share what you think about the weapons you are writing about, the bravery of the person you are researching, and the facts you stumble across.  Mostly, avoid just sharing facts.  I want to see YOU in the paper.  Just like you did with the I-search paper.

Any questions, I'll see you Friday with those first rough drafts...typed, Andy!

I won't be in class tomorrow, but we'll keep on working.  There is a short story you will be reading (it's third quarter--the fiction quarter), questions you will be responding to, and a few other things to cover.

Be good.  I'll see you Friday.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment