Sunday, November 4, 2012

Standard 11-04-2012

The weekend is nearing its end, and, if you are like me, you can't wait for school to start tomorrow.  Unfortunately, we still have almost fifteen hours before we need to be at school.  What to do until then...

Well, if you haven't presented your book yet, you could be polishing that up.  We had the chance to see a couple presentations last Friday, and while there were some bright spots, overall, there was a lack of passion and an inconsistent use of specific textual details.  The discussion also lacked the depth necessary to be completely successful.  Since we have all seen two presentations and been a part of an  analysis of their strengths and weaknesses, my expectations for the groups who will be presenting this week have been raised.

I'll be collecting the books from you once you have completed your presentations.  We will head off in a new direction this week with a stronger focus on nonfiction reading and writing.  Remember that I promised an agreement quiz sometime this week.  Don't worry, I won't let you down by forgetting.  There is also a rumor of some practice Acuity performance tasks coming our way.

So much fun.  I can't wait to get started.  I'll see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment