Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Standard 11-07-2012

Congratulations to John Graham!  He was part of a presentation on the book Slam! and he did a fine job of presenting his information and backing it up with support from the text.  Way to go, John!

Our book group presentations are now over.  Tomorrow, in my absence, we will begin the move from a heavy fictional menu and turn to a diet with a hefty serving of nonfiction.  With that in mind, I want you to start looking for a nonfiction book that you would be interested in reading.  This will not be a group read this time.  Instead we will be reading these books on our own.  Ask Mom or Dad for some help in picking a good nonfiction book to read.  I'll fill you in more on what we will be using the book for (other than reading) when I return on Friday.

Since we are heading in to nonfiction territory, you'll be receiving your first dose tomorrow.  You'll have an article to read and write about.  I have three possibilities, but I haven't yet decided which way to turn.  I'll leave you with that anticipation.  

Friday will be our agreement error quiz.  Are you ready?  A good way to find out is to brush up on the notes you've taken.  Review the pronoun chart.  Remind yourself to identify key words.  You can even go to this agreement error link for a little additional assistance.  Make sure you scroll down a bit to the Pronoun Agreement section.  Plenty of practice awaits you there.  Answers too!

Have a great night.  I'll see you Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment