Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Standard 12-18-2012

We now all have themes for several key ideas in Night: denial, loss, faith, night, indifference, change and dehumanization.  Keep aware of these themes as you move forward with your reading tonight.  If you see something that hits on one of the themes we developed in class, be sure to mark it in your text.  By the way, tonight you should read pages 47-65.  Make sure you read actively.  I'll be checking before you enter the class tomorrow.

I'll also be asking you to come up with three questions tomorrow.  One will be a recall question and the other two will be open-ended questions.  We'll be using those as a guide to our discussion.  Yet another reason to be reading the text carefully.  Since you know what I'll be looking for, you might want to start thinking about those questions tonight.

A few more QBTs tomorrow before we wrap it all up.

I'll sign your Archer card tomorrow if you can tell me the missing word of the following song from The Year Without a Santa Claus.

I'm Mr. Heat Miser
I'm Mr. Sun.
I'm Mr. Heat Blister
I'm Mr. __________

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment