Sunday, August 25, 2013

Enriched 08-25-2013


Three days on and then two days off.  I could get used to that.  But this week we'll be going five days in a row.  Hope you got your rest this weekend.

By the end of the day tomorrow, your amplification papers will be hanging around the room.  I enjoyed reading them all this weekend.  While many stood out, I want to shine some extra light on Eric Roberts, Sami Anglin, Sara Leffel, and Meghan Corwin.  Each one did a super job of amplifying his or her idea.  Remember there are a few of you who decided to take an extra day to enhance your amplifications.  I'll be expecting them tomorrow.     

I saw lots of semi-colons in the amplification papers too.  That thrilled me!  If you want to learn something, you don't just study it in class.  You take what you learn and apply it right away.  The students who went the extra mile and utilized the semi-colons in their writings are much more likely to remember how to use them later down the road.  That's what I want each of you to try and do.  It's Tool Time and I want you to use the tools we are going over.  It will help each of you become a better writer.

Writer's Autobiography papers are coming in tomorrow.  Don't worry, don't worry...it's only a draft; however, it better be a complete draft.  You won't help yourself if all you bring in is a paragraph.  AND you'll have even more work to do tomorrow night.  I hope to see some honest attempts at finding a meaningful time in your life (or a meaningful experience, a meaningful individual, a meaningful paper) that you can develop well and explain how it made you the writer you are today.  You need to think longer than three minutes (I'm looking at you Luke Norris) and find an idea worthy of development.  Tomorrow is just for drafts.  We'll look at what you have and then make a decision for a final due date. I'm thinking Tuesday or Wednesday.

Utopia.  It was on the board but we never managed to get to it.  Don't worry.  It'll be on the agenda tomorrow as well.  Do you know what it is?  Will you blow us all away with your knowledge.  Can't wait to see.  I'll be giving you something to read, we'll do a little writing, and, of course, there will be some discussion.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment