Sunday, August 25, 2013

Standard 08-25-2013

If I say parts of speech, what comes to mind?  Hopefully it's the words noun, verb, adjective,adverb, pronoun, preposition, conjunction, and interjection.  Could you list them all by yourself?  I hope so.  There will be a quiz on that this week sometime.  And if we are having a quiz, we might as well include the semi-colon.  I gave you one way how to use it.  This week you'll be getting another.  Be prepared for the conjunctive adverb!  The conjunctive what?  Don't worry, I'll explain it all sometime this week.    

I'm half way through your I Am...poems right now and am enjoying finding out a little about each one of you.  Did you know Katie Latimer was a good cook?  Luchie Rulli plays piano?  Gagandeep Randhawa hates the Bears?  Or how about Kate Fuerst being a crazy drawer?  Collette Stitsworth never dances?  Drew Montague has an affection for chocolate milk?  I love chocolate milk too!  As a matter of fact I'm drinking it right now as I type this blog.  Crazy!  These poems will be hung around the room in the next day or two.  Be on the lookout for yours!

Ah...utopia.  Period three did a great job working through their lack of understanding and coming to an educated agreement on what it means.  They now have a working definition and are on their way to being able to discuss it well.  Period four was a little short on time.  They didn't come to grasp the concept yet.  We'll have to catch you up, but you'll have a firm understanding soon enough.  After that we'll be able to work with the concept a little better.  You'll write and create something with your group, read a little story, and discuss what you come up with.  Can't wait.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment