Thursday, August 22, 2013

Standard 8-22-2013

Good work today with the semi-colons.  Be able to tell me tomorrow what goes on both sides of the semi-colon.  Okay, I'll remind you here: an independent clause.  I'd love for you to have the seven main parts of speech down as well.  Do you remember the coordinating conjunctions?  Whew!  That's a lot for the first week.  Hopefully most of it is just a refresher.

You are writing and putting the finishing touches on your I Am...poems tonight.  Remember the form you want to follow (see yesterday's blog entry for my example).  You want to end each line with a verb.  We agreed upon a bare minimum of ten lines.  I challenge each and every one of you to surpass that minimum.  Heck, surpass my total too.  I know you can do it.  Hopefully the Bingo activity we did in class today will make it a little bit easier for you.  Can't wait to see and share the results tomorrow.

Be sure to type the final copy and use the proper heading as listed below:

Name
Date
Period
Type of paper (in this case: I Am... Poem)

See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment