Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Honors 02-25-2014

A good day of work today.  Obviously, some of us need to pick up the pace on our reading.  Nine days will come and go rapidly from this point forward.

I shared the IWAP rubric and an example paper today.  Be sure to take a look at both and ask me questions on either one.  I want to stress that I am not completed with my interview paper.  Look for updated versions to come.

I asked that you read the blog tonight.  Thanks for coming.  You lucky ones who are here will know what is coming your way tomorrow: a timed writing.  I have included a link to a poem called "Ozymandias" by Percy Bysshe Shelley.  Read it. Listen to it.  It will be your primary source for tomorrow's writing.  In addition you will need to have your "There Will Come Soft Rains" material.  There's a connection there somewhere.

We will read the poem together tomorrow.  I also have a special guest reader tomorrow for a more nuanced interpretation.  You and your mates will have a definitive period of time to discuss the poem.  I will not be assisting you in this endeavor just as I will be unable to help you in two weeks when you write your ISTEP prompts.  Once the time has elapsed, I will share the official prompt with you.  You will have 30 minutes.

I'm looking forward to your writings.

See you soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment