Monday, February 10, 2014

Honors 02-10-2014

What are the chances that we will have a full week of school this week?  I'm hoping we do.  Tough to get in a flow when we miss every other day.

Some strong irony examples came in today.  Always good for a laugh.  Just s few stragglers left and then we will be complete with that assignment.

Today we focused our upcoming fiction paper: the Interview with a Protagonist (IWAP).  I shared with you what I am expecting and not expecting. I also shared a Google document of the expectations with you (or at least I will when I get home tonight). If you have questions or concerns, be sure to ask.  We then finally made it to the IMC, although we still did not have enough time to satisfy our needs so we will be returning tomorrow for final selections.

I tossed and turned about the books and have come to a decision that you should be selecting a classic novel for this assignment.  I want you to challenge yourself, up your lexile level and get out of your safe, little box.  By eighth grade I had read a plethora of classic novels and was always on the lookout for more.  You need to be doing the same, especially if you plan on continuing in the honors track in the high school.  Here's a list you can peruse for a possible title selection.   The list is not all-inclusive, and not every book on the list will automatically get a pass, but it is a good place to start.  Not satisfied? Here is another list for you.  Good luck.

Tomorrow, in addition to spending some time in the IMC, we will finalize our look at "The Story of an Hour".  Yes, I know, we've been using this story for a few days now.  If not for the snow days, we would have been well past it.  We'll look at theme, prison and any other ideas that pop up before transitioning to a new story.  To what lengths would you go to seek revenge on another human being?

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment