Monday, February 10, 2014

Standard 02-10-2014

Theme!  Theme!  Theme!

That is what you need to be aware of tonight and at the beginning of class tomorrow.  What is the theme of "The Treasure of Lemon Brown"?  You will write down the theme--in one complete sentence--and then you will find evidence in the text to support your theme.  If I were you, I would be spending some time tonight knowing what theme I am going to write down and knowing how I am going to support it.  Don't wait.  Do it tonight.

Once that is completed, we will return to the IMC for a chance to find a fiction book.  You will be writing out your reading plan which will be in your agenda or notebook and on a 4x6 index card which will be posted in the room.  You will be responsible for updating your progress daily.  I also want you to find a spot in your notebook to take the notes you need to prepare for the project.  I want to see that from everyone.  Depending on how easily you locate a fiction book and complete the expectations, you might have a little reading time too to get you started.  We'll talk about having another day to read and demonstrate your progress next week.

We will be finished reading "Lemon Brown" after the quiz tomorrow.  That means we will be moving on to another short story.  I think I have one that will pique your interest.  Does anyone like to eat lamb?

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment