Monday, February 11, 2013

Standard 02-11-2013

I'll be collecting those odes tomorrow.  Remember they need to rhyme.  They need to have 20 lines.  They need to make sense.  They need to celebrate the object or person you are writing about.  I want you to avoid any and all filler lines and silliness.  I want you to try and nail a consistent rhythm too.  Make sure they are typed too.

Thanks to those who offered to share their odes today.  I appreciate your bravery and willingness to help others succeed.

Since I'm collecting the odes, we might as well move on to the next poem.  I see a sonnet in your future.

We talked a bit about scary movies and stories and scary story elements today.  That will lead us smoothly into our Edgar Allan Poe story, "The Tell Tale Heart".  It's unnerving and maddening.  It's a classic just like "The Dinner Party" but in a completely different way.  We'll be checking it out together tomorrow.

I'll sign your Archer card if you come up to me before class and tell me the title of one other Poe story.  Sorry, "The Pit and the Pendulum" doesn't count since we discussed it today.  

See you tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment