Sunday, February 10, 2013

Enriched 02-10-2013

It'll be a busy day tomorrow.  Several things to cover.  Tops on the list will be the classic book assignments.  You are to come to class with a couple titles you would be willing to read.  The goal will be to allow everyone his/her first choice as long as that doesn't mean we will have duplicates in a class. If that is the case, we will need to randomly decide who gets to read the coveted book for this classic assignment.

We also will be continuing our discussion of "The Interlopers".  Several questions to look at yet.  In addition we have that in class timed writing I hinted at last Friday.  Oh, don't worry, it won't be tomorrow, but it's coming.   I also have a poem called "The Poison Tree" by William Blake that may or may not be a good fit for "The Interlopers".  Here's a sneak peak at it.  Tell me what you think, but keep it under wraps from the rest of the class.

Speaking of poetry I want to discuss the elegy.  I also think we should try our hand at a free verse poem prior to our Project Imagination submission.  I want you to feel comfortable writing either a rhyming poem or a free verse poem.

Speaking of Project Imagination, I trust you are working on your scenes and making sure they fit those themes you submitted last Friday.  We need to set up the next due date.  I'm thinking of some class time to examine drafts.  But how soon?  We'll work that out tomorrow.

This Thursday looks like a Predictive Acuity day.  This will be the final predictive test you take this year.  This Acuity test will give us a general idea as to how well each of you will do on the ISTEP test (part one of ISTEP is the first week in March).  Remember, our goal for everyone in the class is a Pass Plus.  Doing well on this predictive test could be a great springboard to a successful 8th grade ISTEP experience.

I WILL pass back the sonnets tomorrow and I will return the "Ozymandias" and "The Bet" (notice how I wrote those two titles?) paragrpahs as well.  There will be limited redo opportunities for both pieces.  

If there is something else, it escapes me at the moment.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment