Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Standard 10-29-2013

Okay, sorry.  I seem to have gotten ahead of myself with this entry.  Anyway, I'm here now.  And what do you know, so are you!

We struggled today in a way I didn't think we would.  There is no way we should still be having trouble using the semi-colon correctly.  At some point you have to take charge of this little piece of punctuation.  You need to own it.  You own the multiplication tables--I hope--now own the semi-colon, gosh darn it!  I was also surprised at the number of people who stumbled over combining two sentences with a coordinating conjunction.  This is the type of quiz you can expect from now on.  I will identify things we have gone over in class and you need to demonstrate the ability to use them correctly.  Time to step up and take charge of your education.  As Nelson Mandella said, "Education is the most powerful weapon you can use."

The Giver presentations aare completed but that only means that it is time for The Giver paper.  You'll be getting a look at some potential topics tomorrow.  Hope you are ready to write.

Speaking of writing, you did a bit of that on Jesus today.  What for, you are wondering.  You'll find out more tomorrow, but I want you to be thinking about the connection you see between Jesus and Jonas.

Jesus and Jonas?

That's right, Jesus and Jonas.  You have to be thinking outside the box on this one.  Who's feeling creative and insightful?  We'll see.

And I'll see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment