Sunday, October 13, 2013

Standard 10-13-2013

Best film of the year.  Hands down.  Captain Phillips starring Tom Hanks.  I saw it this weekend and it was amazing.  Hanks was astounding.  It's based on a true story, so I already knew what was going to happen and I was still stunned and overwhelmed.  Just a great film.

Sorry, I just felt the urge to share.

Finished assessing your papers.  You'll get them back tomorrow.  Some people really did a solid job writing the entire paper.  Several people had strong parts but stumbled on the whole piece in one way or another.  I'll give a shout out here to Olivia Flores, Brielle Tinkey, and Adam Gustafson.  These three had varying levels of depth and success, and different focal points, but they managed to produce strong papers.  Way to go!  We'll be reflecting tomorrow and I'll explain the rewrite option available to some of you.

You were to read The Giver chapters 17 and 18 for tomorrow.  Not a lot of new material there, so we should be able to discuss a few leftover ideas from the previous chapters and get caught up on the new ones.  You all should have an open-ended question written for class tomorrow.  I'll be looking.

I believe it is time for a language arts notebook quiz.  It will be sometime this week.  Open notes?  Perhaps.  You better be sure you are up to date on everything.  It'll help if you keep a clean, organized notebook too.

We'll finish The Giver this week and that means paper time!  Can't wait.  Now there's a good example of ignorance is bliss.  Or is it?  Would you be happier knowing that there is a paper coming your way once you finish the book or would you be happier not knowing there is a paper coming your way.  Tell me your answer tomorrow and I'll sign your Archer card.  You need to answer it by coming up to me and saying, "Ignorance is bliss," if you didn't want to know about the paper or, "Ignorance is not bliss," if you are glad you know about the paper.

See you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment