Monday, October 28, 2013

Standard 10-28-2013

Now this has been a relaxing three days.  I can't believe I still have another day to enjoy.  I trust you are all doing the same: relaxing and enjoying your free time.  Because you know what's coming...

Report cards.  Well, the end of the grading period was last Wednesday, and our grades are do by the end of the day Tuesday which means you'll probably get the cards on Friday.  Then, it's a clean slate for everyone.  We all have an A as far as I'm concerned.  What will you do to keep it?

After a little Tool Time, we'll wrap up our Giver presentations, but we won't be finished yet with the book.  Nope, instead this will be the first thing you can focus on doing well for second quarter.  You see, we will be doing some writing over the text.  I have quite the assortment of topics and we'll be taking a closer look at these over the next day or two.  Then it'll be decision time for you.  What will you write about in depth?

Once our writing is finished, we will jump into a variety of nonfiction reads.  There's a lot going on in the world.  So many topics to choose to read about.  I already have a handful of articles but am keeping my eyes open for other high interest articles for you.  If you see a good nonfiction story you want to know more about, let me know, and I'll see what I can find.

For now, enjoy the rest of the day.  Tomorrow will be here before you know it.

See you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment