Monday, October 8, 2012

Enriched 10-08-2012

         Allie Mason just rocked my world!

I've read six papers from period five, and Allie just nailed her submission!  Super development of the authors' views, strong connections to her selected individual Taylor Swift, detailed, cited, supporting quotes and several superbly crafted lines.  I might even become a Taylor Swift fan after reading her paper.  Can you hear me singing...

"Weeeee, are never, ever, ever, getting back together."

I'll tell you one thing...

"Iiiiiiii, am looking, looking, looking forward to more of Allie's writing."

Anyway, need to make this quick.  Still four more papers to go tonight and a few other things to take care of.

Most important for periods five and six is the need to actively read and annotate and mark-up and text code the story "The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas".  Most of class tomorrow will be spent on that short, enigmatic story.  (Archer card signature if you tell me what enigmatic means tomorrow).  Do your best to try and figure out what LeGuin was trying to do with the story.

Period One?  What's going on?  I missed Thursday and Friday last week and tomorrow twenty of you are walking out on me.  Have fun reading to the Horizon kids, but I'll miss you.  (By the way, I don't even have Neal Nidea, but I have to give him a HOORAH! for the story he wrote for Mrs. Crawford.  It almost made me cry!  You all have to read it.  Great effort!)  Anyway, Period One, don't forget that the paper is still due tomorrow.  I'll expect you to drop it off before heading across the parking lot.  I'll also have to give you the story I mentioned above to read on your own.  Please remember to pick it up and have it actively read for Wednesday.

Now, I'm off to find the next great paper.  See all of you tomorrow in one way or another.




No comments:

Post a Comment