Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Enriched 10-03-2012

No I'm not going to be in class tomorrow--stop cheering Will--but I am going to be in the building.  I expect nothing but your best work and best behavior.  Notice the parallel structure?  Yes, it's just that easy.

Speaking of parallel structure, even in my absence, you will still be submitting the assignment.  The substitute will be collecting them at the start of class tomorrow.  Can't wait to see what you found in your books.

I found a great article that you'll be reading tomorrow about drones.  Actually, I found it over the summer (check the publishing date).  I've been saving it for the right time.  While I wish I was there to go over it with you because I'm really excited about the analysis you'll be making and the discussion you'll be having (more parallel structure!), I think you will still benefit from the approach I'm asking you to take.  It fits right in with dozens of our Common Core State Standards.

Some good book discussions today.  I love how passionate some of you get while you try to explain your point of view.  Let me give a Hoorah! to Kacey Wood, Rachel Minne, Madi Meyer, and Peter Rutkowski for going above and beyond with their preparations for the discussions.  If you get the chance, ask to see the work they did.  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  By the way, one tip you could follow is to try and offer a minimum of three to four sentences for your connections.  Too many times I'm reading a sentence that leaves me longing for more detail for clarity.  We didn't all earn the check plusses today, but the offer of an Archer card signature for everyone if we get a class full of check plusses still stands for Friday.  Do your best.

I hate being out of the class but we are making the best of it.  Be sure to bring your C.A.P.P. to class Friday.  In addition to the book group discussions, we will spend a little time talking about the papers, finalizing your works cited, answering any random questions and making sure you are as ready as possible to turn the final copy in Monday.






No comments:

Post a Comment