Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Standard 10-24-2012

I'm Back!  Stop it!  Settle down.  I'm excited too, but please, you're embarrassing me.  Had a good time meeting the parents--you guys don't know how lucky you are to have parents who care so much.  Be sure to thank them for coming, and, what the heck, tell them that you love them, too.

We did it.  We turned in our paper today.  I'm sure part of each of you is excited to be through with it, but I'm sure the other part is going to be nervous for the next few days too.  I'll have them back to you by Tuesday.  That's the day my grades are due, so it can't be after that.  I'm going to start assessing them once I've finished this blog.  I can't wait to see what you've produced.

We got a good start on our book group presentations.  10 things is a lot to know, but if you've been reading and preparing as you should have been over the last three weeks, then you should feel pretty confident with the task.  We'll be tackling that work some more tomorrow.  Hopefully, we'll be making our first presentations next Tuesday.

Agreement errors have also been taking up a bit of our time.  I've been using the sentences from the enriched classes, but now that I have these papers from you, I might be able to use some of your own sentences...unless you've figured out how to avoid the agreement errors in your tenses, genders and numbers.  A bonus piece of information has been our pronoun talk.  Singular, plural, subjective, objective, possessive, etc.  If we know what pronouns are, and if we understand what their jobs are, then we should have an easier time of avoiding those errors in the future.

Have a good night's sleep.  And write down the agreement error in paragraph two for an Archer card signature.

No comments:

Post a Comment