Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Honors 9-03-2013

Late night after the cross country meet.  We didn't fair too well in the meet, but I know language arts class will generate some much better results tomorrow.

As you know, I hinted at a semi-colon paragraph quiz tomorrow.  I still think that's a good idea.  I'll have you write a paragraph on a topic of your choice--no, I'll give you the topic tomorrow.  You will need to include at least three properly used semi-colons.  You'll need to exhibit some variety.  To get a perfect score, you'll need to make sure the entire paragraph is written correctly: no run-ons, no fragments, and no other obvious errors.  You'll have six minutes to write it.  Let's have this worth...7 points.

Big things tomorrow include our discussion of the poem "Utopia" by Wislawa Szymborska.  Period six got a look at it already, but periods one and two will set their eyes on it for the first time tomorrow.  Lots to do with that piece.

You will also be receiving your very own, brand new copy of The Giver by Lois Lowry.  Great book.  A ton to talk about their.  You'll be reading it on your own.  More details on that one tomorrow.  Do you know what symbolism is?  You better!  Ask me if you don't.

Do you know anyone named Harrison?  You will soon.

I'll sign the Archer card of anyone who tells me the word I misspelled in this blog.  (No it's not Szymborska's name).

See you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment