Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Standard 09-25-2013

The Acuity test revealed some serious shortcomings today.  I'll be looking at the scores and the data, but we'll need to pay attention to these results and change things up a bit.  Lots of time to learn before those ISTEP tests next spring.

I was looking at your papers last night and today and noticed that we need to work on a few things: hooks, titles and authors, and claims.  No one had a hook.  Few offered both the title of the stories and the authors' names.  The claims were pretty good, but clarity wasn't always what it needed to be and some of the claims could only be supported by two of the stories.  We'll work on some of those tomorrow.

You'll get The Giver tomorrow too.  I know, I know, I promised it to you earlier this week, but you can take it to the bank that you'll have it in your hands tomorrow before leaving class.  It's a good story.  We'll have some solid conversation over it as we move through the text.  I'm sure you'll find the book is the bees knees.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment