Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Honors 09-11-2013

Fast day today.  An IMC trip always gets things moving.  Hopefully, you all now have a book to read for your own enjoyment.  Oh, I know that you are all thoroughly enjoying The Giver, but I want you to have a choice book as well.

I'm not sure how you talked me into waiting until the 19th to turn in the cohesive writing assignments, but so it is.  I know several of you did a great job finding examples.  Others struggled.  Remember, if a piece of writing talks about the same topic throughout the entire piece, it's not an example of cohesive writing; it's just focused.  Look for an idea brought up in the introduction, abandoned in the body, and returned to in the conclusion.  That's cohesive writing.

Scored some reactions yesterday and today.  Hope Gilbride earned the classes' first perfect ten on hers. Original idea.  Super focus.  Solid development.  I was impressed.  Who's next?

I've been leading up to it for a while but "Harrison Bergeron" will be with us tomorrow.  Don't worry.  It will prove to be worth the wait.

Archer card signature if you can tell me who was writing first: Thomas More or William Shakespeare.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment