Monday, September 23, 2013

Honors 9-23-2013

Sorry, I've been away for a while.  I was swallowed up by those meetings last week, and then once I returned I was swimming against the current to catch up before being engulfed by your responses and cohesive writing papers this past weekend.  I've finally got my head above water, and I'm nearing the shore.  Still some work to do, but it's a good time to come back to the blog.

Since I last wrote, you have completed your reading of The Giver.  You've turned in three reactions.  Today we started a discussion on the text.  Everyone spoke in period two, but we had a few wallflowers in periods one and six.  Important to get involved because you will learn more that way, and, besides, you are getting scored on this as well.  Tomorrow's lead question in periods 1 and 2 will be:

What happened at the end of the story?

Tomorrow's lead question in period 6 will be:

Did the Giver help Jonas or was he using Jonas?

That timed writing is happening this week.  Review the prompts and know the book well.

Tomorrow we will have the agreement quiz.  Just make sure you understand what needs to agree.  You should also be able to explain why the changes you make need to occur.  Knowing is one thing.  Explaining is even better.

What do you get when you mix Stalinist Russia with an egotistical pig with a drunk farmer?

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment