Thursday, September 27, 2012

Enriched 9-27-2012

Class, this blog is going to be short.  Busy night with Soccer Senior Night at Penn High School.  I want you to think about the dog draft experience today.  Tomorrow when you come to class, I will give you a note card.  If you have a question about the paper, I want you to write it on the note card.  I'll look them over while you are in your book discussion groups.  We can talk about them at the end of class.

Speaking of the book groups, make sure you are prepared.  You need to have three recall questions, five discussion questions, three connections, three passages you want to share/discuss and a picture.  I want them neatly written in the lit section of the notebooks.  You'll get a check plus, check, or check minus based on the quality of your work.  Those will add up to a score once the reading is complete.  As you know, I have high expectations.

One last thing, we talked about the OWL today.  I'll be sharing some info on it over the weekend, including the correct way to cite the works of Poe, Brooks and Donne.

Time permitting we'll talk about juxtaposition, our trouble with semi-colons, acuity, "Jazz Fantasia", figurative language, and the problems with Taylor Kitsch's film career.  I think we need to go back to block scheduling!  Ah!

No comments:

Post a Comment