Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Enriched 9-18-2012

Okay, so I think we are good on static and dynamic and flat and round characters.  Quick, without looking, can you identify an example of each?  Can you offer explanations of each one?  How about if I throw a quick little four question quiz at you soon?  They're coming!  I'd be ready if I were you.  I'd be reading my notes once a night?  Every other night?  Remember, anything in the notebook is fair game.  Keep looking on the blog for updates on the quiz.  I'll let you know here.  Don't worry.  Nothing tomorrow.

Those symbolic Venn diagrams are turning out pretty well--as long as we ignore our artistic talents.  Okay, you can read and write at a high level; art work? not so much.  Anyway, the art isn't the key.  Identifying symbols to represent the stories is key.  Comparing and contrasing the two stories is key. Locating evidence to support your ideas is key.  You're accomplishing all that through your symbolic Venn.  Now remember, I don't want to give anymore class time for this.  Some of you are finished.  Some of you are almost finished.  Some of you, well, I'd come in in the morning (I'm here at 8) or stop by during lunch to put the finishing touches on your diagram. 

Tomorrow, the paper will be handed out and discussed.  I changed the idea at around 8:47 this morning, so I guess it was fortunate that we didn't get as far as I had planned in class today.  I am excited about it, nevertheless.  I typed it up today and already know the individual I would select. 

"Wait.  Individual you would select?  What are you talking about, Mr. O'Malley?" 

Let me give you a hint or two.  You will be using "The Masque of the Red Death", the World War Z excerpt, and the John Donne poem.  The paper will involve a little research,  You'll need to find a person--famous or not so famous--who meets some requirements we'll discuss tomorrow.  Citing sources and pages numbers as well as including a Works Cited page will be a requirement of this paper.  Sure, that stuff isn't exciting, but I can't wait to see who you select and what you do for the paper.

Come see me before class.  If you can answer my question, I have an Archer card signature for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment