Monday, September 3, 2012

Enjoying the Extra Day 9-3-2012

It's Monday, but we're not in school; yet, if you are like me, school is never far from your mind.  So let's take this time to remind you of a few school related elements for the coming week.

First, enriched students need to have actively read "Raymond's Run" (notice the quotation marks around the short story title). You have read the story, text coded, responded to the prompts in the margins, and will come prepared to discuss it on Tuesday (Items in a Series: take note of the three commas utilized with the four items in the previous sentence).  Be sure to bring your Interactive Reader with you to class.

Those of you in the standard class should also bring your Interactive Readers to class.  We will continue reading and text coding meta-cognitively; however, you will take on a much larger role in that task starting tomorrow.

As I told most of you, I will be out of the classroom in meetings for much of this week.  Here's a schedule review.

Tuesday, September 4:        I will miss periods 1 and 2 and part of period 3 analyzing Acuity data
Wednesday, September 5:   I will be in the class the entire day
Thursday, September 6:      I will be out the entire day working on incorporating the Common Core          
                                            Standards into the curriculum
Friday, September 7:           I will be out the entire day working on writing effective Performance Tasks

An awkward week to be sure, but you will all be held to the same expectations (in behavior and academic rigor) as if I were still in the class.

I'll be in the building all day Tuesday.  For an Archer card signature, tell me the two conjunctive adverbs I used in this posting.  Enjoy the rest of the day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment