Monday, September 24, 2012

Standard 9-24-2012

I messed up!  I'm sorry.  I really thought that our Acuity testing day was Wednesday.  I found out after school that it is actually tomorrow.  Now that shouldn't pump up your anxiety too much, but I am sorry for the misinformation.  I guess that makes tonight a good night to tackle some of those Acuity at Home tests.  As a matter of fact, I will sign your Archer card tomorrow if I see that you've completed two of those assigned tests with a score of five or six (83% or 100%).

I want to commend the groups out in the hall today.  Top notch work from what I could tell.  You were focused on discussing your papers, and from what I heard you say, you were able to pinpoint areas of weakness that you will be focusing on and fixing for the next paper.  Super!  Now don't forget those reflections.

In the classroom, we had a good discussion on how we can improve our writings.  The reflections that you started in class and are finishing for tomorrow will go a long way toward showing how much you want to improve.  Will you do the "film study" necessary to understand what you need to do to improve or will you offer just a cursory glance?  Remember, another paper is coming soon.

You will be receiving the books tomorrow along with a hand out on expectations as long as Acuity doesn't take up the entire class.  I'm anxious for you to start the reading.  

Acuity to complete, books to read, preparations to make, a new paper coming...sounds like a lot.   I better let you go.  Sleep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment